The FUNdamentals 1 and FUNdamentals 2 Programs are entry level skating programs for 3-7 year olds. (DOB 2015 - 2019).
In FUN 1, players develop skating skills, motor skills and self-esteem and are introduced to teamwork and team spirit. Skating skills taught include balance, gliding, and stopping. Players are also introduced to basic Ringette game skills.
Players in FUN 2, participate in the FUN 1 sessions and build on these skills while focusing on the basic Ringette game in a cross-ice format during a 2nd session each week.
FUN 1 Fall/Winter Program - Starting in September and January
The program is one 50-minute session per week, taught by a Certified Can Skate Instructor.
The full season session runs from mid-September to mid-March (approximately 20 sessions).
We also offer half season programs that run either:
1) mid-September to mid-December or
2) early January to mid-March
We offer weekly practice sessions, date and time to be determined once confirmed with the City of Mississauga. We anticipate Saturday mornings.
Skaters must be born between 2015 - 2019.
Players participate in the FUN1 program. In addition, they participate in a 2nd 50 minute session that focuses on the basic ringette game in a cross-ice format with the focus on having FUN. The FUN2 program will start in November, and run until mid-March.
The dates and times will be determined once confirmed with the City of Mississauga. We anticipate Sunday mornings.
Skaters must be born between 2015 and 2017.
2022-2023 FUNdamental 1 / FUNdamental 2 Program Fees
- FUN 1 full season - super early bird pricing (available if paid in full before June 30) - $199
- FUN 1 full season - early bird pricing (available if paid in full before August 31) - $ 225
- FUN 1 full season - $250 (starting September 1, 2022)
- FUN 1 half season - early bird pricing (available if paid in full until August 31) - $125
- FUN 1 half season - $ 140
- FUN 1&2 full season - super early bird pricing (available if paid in full before June 30) - $375
- FUN 1&2 full season - early bird pricing (available if paid in full before August 31) $400
- FUN 1&2 full season - $425 (starting September 1, 2022)
FUN 1 / FUN 2 Registration:
Registration can be completed at:http://mississaugaringette.rampregistrations.com/. Use Promo code MISSFUNPROMO
To qualify for the super early bird rate, full payment must be made to email@example.com by June 30, 2022.
To qualify for the early bird rate, full payment must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2022.
Discounted Equipment Rental is provided to new players (pending availability - $300 post dated security deposit cheque required).Players only need to have their own hockey skates and CSA approved helmet. All other equipment is part of the rental package.
Players in the FUN 1 / FUN 2 program are required to wear full ringette equipment.
Full equipment is available from our EQUIPMENT RENTAL PROGRAM for a modest fee, and includes the following:
For more details and information about ringette equipment refer to the following:
Please note that no skating aids of any kind are permitted on the ice during any MRA programs. Skating aids actually prolong the learning process and can result in improper technique. Parents of players using skating aids will be asked to remove the aids or the skater will be removed from the ice.